There are a lot of people from countries that have a good relationship with Canada. Therefore, they do not require a visa to enter Canada. These people may not need the visa, but there will need some sort of document that they are approved as well as admissible to Canada.
This is the Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) document. The eTA Canada is a fast authorization to enter Canada. IT allows you to board a flight and other means of travelling.
With the help of eTA, you are allowed to enter Canada or visit family or friends, or travel around. You are also allowed to stay for a short period of time that is 6 months or less. Keep in consideration that you are not allowed to try to stay permanently and apply for a Canadian citizenship. Moreover, there is also no permission to apply for any Canadian issued documents and claim Canadian benefits such as health benefits.
Requirements for the eTA Canada
In order to be eligible for the eTA, there is a significant need to meet a few criteria, such as:
- You must be from one of the countries that are eligible for Eta.
- Your age must be at least 18 years
- If you are less than 18, a parent or guardian have to apply on your behalf.
- You must have enough funds in order to cover you stay in Canada.
- You must not have a criminal record.
- You must have a valid passport issued.
- You must be healthy or without dangerous medical problems.
- If you will be seeking medical treatment in Canada, state that and prove you have enough funds for covering your hospital visits and treatment.
How to Complete a Canada eTA Application?
In order to apply for the eTA, meet the eligibility criteria. The application is easy as well as fast. You will only need these documents:
- A valid passport issued by one of the countries eligible for eTA
- A valid e-mail addresses
- A debit or credit card issued by
- JCB Card
- Visa, Mastercard, American Express.
- Union Pay
Starting the eTA application
If you have these documents, you can start the application process from the Canada´s government website as well as the only place where you can apply. However, if you are given other instructions to apply for an eTA, don’t follow it because someone might be trying to deceive you.
Mention that details whether you are applying for yourself or someone else. If you are applying on behalf of someone else, put in your personal information;
The travel document by which you are applying for the eTA must have the details of:
- Country that has issued it
- The number of that document
- Date eTA was issued and date of expiry
Other personal information includes:
- Your first and last name
- Date of birth
- Marital status
- Details of any previous visits in Canada
- Employment information
- Contact information
- Residential address
Travel information such as
- Dates of travel to Canada
- Flight number
You must ensure that you put in the right passport number or information. However, if you put the wrong details regarding your travel document, you will not be able to board your flight even if the eTA was approved. You have to start the application procedure again, pay the fee as well as wait for processing.
How Long is the eTA Valid?
Once you get an eTA, you will be able to travel to Canada as well as stay there for 6 months or less. The eTA is valid for more than that. Your eTA will be approved for up to 5 years or your passport expires. It means you can travel as many times as you want to Canada during this period. You cannot stay for more than 6 months.
However, if you get a new passport, apply for a new eTA as it cannot be transferred from one passport to the next.
Bear in consideration that an eTA visa Canada is an individual travel document. It cannot be used by multiple people. It is attached to the passport of the person. It means that each member of the family must have their own eTA. It means that your spouse or common law partner have to apply for their own eTA. The application process is the same with the application fee.